1) I have to print with water colors on cotton, and on elastizated lycra, what kind of canvas do you recommend for making frames, or do you already have frames prepared?
2) The photosensitive color that is put into the base, which is then exposed to light, hardens leaving only the design of the gloss, what is it called?
3) To wash the frame and then recover it for other incisions what is called the solvent both to eliminate the hardened base for water printing, and for printing based on plastic products?
4) What water colors exist?
5) How to buy online from you, and payments accepted.
6) Here in Colombia I saw that they also print with non-water colors, which are then dried with a press, and with heat, and swell by about one or two millimeters, creating an extraordinarily shiny and reflective effect on the shirt. or creating a velvet effect, and touching it seems to caress velvet, are they also found here? How do I print with this type of color?
Printing on cotton with water-based inks is perfectly possible. The appropriate inks can be our Texprint Mono or our more professional Modatex . for these inks the most suitable cloth is 55 threads / cm.
The canvas is sold by the linear meter and can be found with the prices on our website .
For printing on stretch lycra, water-based inks are not suitable as they are too stiff and prone to splitting when the lycra goes under tension. Better plastisol inks with additive E (elasticising).
Find the plastisols , in two brands and in various colors with the related additives. These inks harden only if they are brought to a temperature of 160 ° C , with special tools (press, hood, oven).
– To emulsify the frame and make it photosensitive, and then engrave it, a thin layer of emulsion is spread over the frame itself . We have various types, depending on the inks used. The emulsions that we recommend are the universal ones, which go well with any type of ink.
– After printing, the ink is removed from the frame with :
– if it is water-based, with simple water;
– if it is plastisol or solvent, with Telai51 Solvent Cleaner .
If, instead, you want to eliminate the old emulsion and re-engrave the frame with a new design, then you need a stripping product, such as the Salts Emulsion Stripping .
Our Texprint Mono water-based inks are in packs of 1 kg and 0.5 kg.
Our Modatex water inks are in packs of 1 kg.
They can all dry at room temperature, even if heating them with a heat press, a capppa flash, a hair dryer or an oven accelerates their hardening a lot and improves their resistance to washing.